Web Ministry 10 Commandments You Can’t Ignore in 2019
- Make sure you know the most current statistics:
- Adults (18+) spend 6+ hours with digital media every day on average.
- 75% of them are from mobile devices.
- 93% of any digital experiences begin with a search engine like Google. It will be safe to call your seekers a Googler.
- Make sure you listen to your community. The deep listening (Keywords Research) becomes possible through exploring those exact keywords, via Google Keyword Planner, being searched in your community via search engines.
- Make sure your church website is mobile-friendly and continuous-flow. 100% mobile responsive design is must. Converting the top menu bar into a mobile-compatible menu with a button is not adequate anymore. Instead, use a good image as a banner or a block element for navigation. You don’t need so many contents that you may not be able to update in real-time with the latest. Focus on seekers with your best PR contents and a focus on conversion (getting their contact information as an initial contact point) in mind.
- Make sure your church website is searchable within the top pages of search engine result pages (SERP’s). Googlers are hesitant to browse beyond the second page of SERP’s.
- Make sure your church website is loaded within seconds for Googlers don’t have the virtue of patience with a slow loading website.
- Make sure you creatively and continually relate your core-ministries to those keywords being searched in the community. Transform the contents of your ministry with a focus on an SEO. Collaborate with your community professionals to serve those in need with excellence if your congregation is not fully equipped with the resources needed.
- Make sure your church has a budget for engaging and meeting people where they are in the digital culture in which a search engine optimization (SEO) is a new strategy for evangelism.
- Make sure you do ministry content marketing, through a blog and social media, and consider using your community online influencers to help promote your ministry contents. Build landing pages for your targeted keywords.
- Make sure you make short and impactful videos about your ministry and congregational life. Video’s the fastest growing type of content people like to see and helps viewers stay longer at your web page. Make sure the length of the creative videos between 15 and 59 seconds. If it is a testimonial video, it should be between 60 and 119 seconds.
- Make sure you use a collaborative communication platform as a foundation of your ministry operation system. Organize all your ministry team’s conversations, apps and tools in one place. Be ready to get connected with your community via an effective industry-standard communication channel.
Liked This Article?
We have a lot more where that came from!
Join our subscribers who stay ahead of the pack.
We only send really good stuff occasionally. Promise.