Web Ministry 10 Commandments You Can’t Ignore in 2020
- Make sure you know the most current statistics:
- Adults (18+) spend 6+ hours with digital media every day on average.
- 75% of them are from mobile devices.
- 93% of all web traffic comes through search engines
- Google accounts for 76% and 86% of desktop and mobile search traffic, respectively.
- 46% of all Google searches are linked to something local.
- Make sure you listen to your community. Finding the underserved needs of your community becomes possible via community Kenotic listening with FREE technology solution called Keyword Planner.
- Make sure your church website is mobile-friendly and continuous-flow. 100% mobile responsive design is a must. No horizontal menu bar! Focus on seekers in mind with your best PR contents with a singular purpose of getting their contact information as an initial contact point.
- Make sure your church website is searchable within the top pages of search engine result pages (SERPs). Googlers are hesitant to browse beyond the second page of SERPs.
- Make sure your church website is loaded within seconds. Googlers don’t have the virtue of patience with a slow loading website.
- Make sure you creatively relate your core-ministries to those keywords being searched in the community. Transform the contents of your ministry with a focus on SEO. Collaborate with your community connectors to serve those in need with excellence.
- Make sure your church has a budget for engaging and meeting people where they are in the digital culture in which a search engine optimization (SEO) is a new strategy for evangelism.
- Make sure you do ministry content marketing, through a blog and social media, and consider using your community online influencers to help promote your ministry contents. Build landing pages for your targeted keywords.
- Make sure you make short and impact videos about your ministry and congregational life. Video is the fastest-growing type of content people like to see and helps viewers stay longer on your web page. Make sure the length of the creative videos between 15 and 59 seconds. If it is a testimonial video, it should be between 60 and 119 seconds.
- Make sure you use a collaborative communication platform as a foundation of your ministry operation system. Organize all your ministry team’s conversations, apps, and tools in one place. Be ready to get connected with your community-connectors through an industry-standard communication channel.
Share this article