Last Updated: January 4, 2021
Welcome to LeadershipEdges!
These terms of service outline the rules and regulations for the use of LeadershipEdges. When you use LeadershipEdges, you are agreeing to these terms.
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) cover your use of and access to the sites, templates, products, applications, tools, services, and features (collectively, the “Services”) provided by LeadershipEdges (as defined below), including without limitation during free trials, on the websites and associated domains of www.leadershipedges.com, www.LeadershipEdges.org, www.nywn.org, www.icoh.org, www.clusterchurch.org, www.exchangehub.org (collectively, the “Websites”), and mobile and other applications.
The following terminology applies to these Terms of Service, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing the Websites and accepting the LeadershipEdges’s terms of service. “The LeadershipEdges”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our LeadershipEdges. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of the provision of the LeadershipEdges’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Delaware state. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization, and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, LeadershipEdges and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on LeadershipEdges. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from leadershipedges.com for your personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms of service.
You must not:
- Republish material from leadershipedges.com
- Sell, rent, or sub-license material from leadershipedges.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from leadershipedges.com
Redistribute content from LeadershipEdges (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of the Websites offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material, and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the Websites. LeadershipEdges does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments before their appearance on the Websites and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of LeadershipEdges, its agents, or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such a view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws LeadershipEdges shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on the Websites.
- LeadershipEdges reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate offensive, or otherwise in breach of these Terms of Service.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on the Websites and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material or material that is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to LeadershipEdges a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any forms, formats, or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications, or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP, and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law, and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of LeadershipEdges and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications, or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to the Websites, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of LeadershipEdges’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Make sure your account information is accurate and that you keep your accounts safe. You’re responsible for your accounts and any activity on them. Also, you need to be at least 16 years old to use our Services. We’re not liable for any acts or omissions by you or anyone else in connection with your Accounts. You must immediately notify us if you know or have any reason to suspect that your Accounts or passwords have been stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Accounts.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
When you provide or upload content to LeadershipEdges, you still own it. You do, however, permit us to use it in ways necessary to provide, improve, promote and protect our services. For example, when you upload a photo, you give us the right to save it and display it on your site or story in your direction. We also may promote or feature your site or story, but you can opt-out if you don’t want us to do that. We may choose to feature Your Sites (but not your scheduling pages) or names, trademarks, service marks, or logos included on Your Sites. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use any version of Your Sites, or any portion of Your Sites, including without limitation names, trademarks, service marks, or logos on Your Sites, for the limited purpose of LeadershipEdges marketing and promotional activities. You’re responsible for the content you publish on LeadershipEdges, and you vouch to us that it’s all okay to use. Please follow our rules and don’t do anything illegal with the services. Also, keep in mind that what you upload may be publicly viewable.
Your Sites and Your End Users Are Your Responsibility. Your Sites may have their visitors, customers, and users (“End Users”). You understand and agree that
(a) Your Sites and your End Users are your responsibility; (b) you’re solely responsible for providing products, services, and support to your End Users; and (c) you’re solely responsible for compliance with any laws or regulations related to Your Sites and/or your End Users. We’re not liable for and won’t provide you with any legal advice regarding, Your Sites or your End Users. This does not limit or affect any liability we may have to you separately for any breach of the other provisions of this Agreement.
Reservation of Rights
To operate effectively and protect the security and integrity of LeadershipEdges, we need to maintain control over our Services. We reserve the right at any time, in its sole discretion, and without liability or notice to you: (a) we may change parts or all of the Services and their functionality; (b) we may suspend or discontinue parts or all of the Services; (c) we may terminate, suspend, restrict or disable your access to or use of parts or all of the Services; (d) we may terminate, suspend, restrict or disable access to your Accounts or parts, some or all of Your Sites; and (e) we may change our eligibility criteria to use the Services (and if such eligibility criteria changes are prohibited by law where you live, we may revoke your right to use the Services in that jurisdiction) (f) we determine rightful Account or site ownership and to transfer an Account or site to such owner when disputes arise between parties. Our decision in that respect is final.
You can access certain portions of the Services by submitting a fee payment (such services, “Paid Services”). Paid Services will remain in effect until canceled or terminated in accordance with this Agreement. We’ll tell you about fees for Paid Services before charging you. You may cancel Paid Services at any time via the Services. If you don’t pay for Paid Services on time, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your access to the Paid Services. Please note that different Paid Services have different fees and payment schedules and canceling one Paid Service may not cancel all your Paid Services. We may change our fees at any time. We’ll provide you with advance notice of these fee changes via the Services.
To ensure uninterrupted service, we’ll automatically bill you for certain Paid Services from the date you submit your initial payment and on each renewal period or amount afterward until cancellation. Your renewal period will be equal in time or amount to the renewal period of your current subscription. We’ll let you know in advance if you’re purchasing a Paid Service that includes auto-renewal payments.
While you may cancel any Paid Services at any time, you won’t be issued a refund except at our sole discretion, or if legally required.
Removal of links from our Websites
If you find any link on our Websites or any linked websites objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on the Websites is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the Websites remains available or that the material on the Websites is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our Services (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). The Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. LeadershipEdges also disclaims any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from LeadershipEdges, shall create any warranty. LeadershipEdges makes no warranty or representation that the Services will: (a) be timely, uninterrupted, or error-free; (b) meet your requirements or expectations, or (c) be free from viruses or other harmful components. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or concerning the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the Services and the information and the services on the Websites are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
If you do something that gets us sued, you’ll cover us. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless LeadershipEdges and its affiliates and its and their directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all damages, losses, liabilities, costs, claims, demands, fines, awards and expenses of any kind (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of or related to (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) your User Content, Your Sites and Your eCommerce; (c) any claims by, on behalf of or against your End Users; (d) your violation of any law or regulation or the rights or good name of any third party; and (e) any claims from tax authorities in any country with Your eCommerce operations, including without limitation your sales to individual consumers (including distance sales) and other operations for which LeadershipEdges may be held jointly and severally liable.
In case of dispute situations, you agree to work it out informally with us first before filing a claim against LeadershipEdges. For all informal disputes, you agree to resolve them by first emailing email@example.com with a description of your claim. If we can’t resolve the dispute within ninety (90) days of our receipt of your first email, you or LeadershipEdges may then bring a formal proceeding. All formal disputes must be resolved through arbitration following the rules described below unless you opt-out of arbitration. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by emailing us at optout@LeadershipEdges.com within thirty (30) days of the date that you first agree to this Agreement (“Opt-Out Period”). Your email must be sent from the email address you use for your Account and must include your full name, residential address, and a clear statement that you want to opt-out of arbitration Finally, claims can only be brought individually, and not as part of a class action. Any arbitration must be commenced by filing a demand for arbitration within one (1) year after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission, or default giving rise to the claim. Any claim not subject to arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission, or default giving rise to the claim. If applicable law prohibits a one (1) year limitation period for asserting claims, any claim must be asserted within the shortest period permitted by applicable law.